KELECHI IHEANACHO NARRATE WHAT IT WAS LIKE GROWING UP IN A GHETTO


Super Eagles youngster Kelechi Iheanacho has bared his mind on his life experiences in the ghetto,

The 20-year-old forward made his way through the national youth team ranks where he impressed before signing for Manchester City amidst lot of interest from a host of European clubs.
Iheanacho has now revealed how it was growing up in a ghetto in the southern part of Nigeria.
He said: “Where I grew up in southern Nigeria, it was kind of like a ghetto. It was a tough place to be a kid.
“You had to work very hard to make a living there, and my family did not have the extra funds to buy a real ball.
“Most of my friends didn’t have one either, so we would run around the streets and use whatever we could find to kick around. We would make balls out of socks, or sometimes we even used a balloon.”
“There was one place in town that everybody called the ‘game centre,’ and it had a satellite dish, but you had to pay money to go inside.
“It was 50 naira [about 15p] for a Premier League match, and I did not have that kind of money. So I would wait outside playing football with my mates until somebody came out and told us what had happened in the match.
The City youngster also revealed he points to the sky during goal celebration to mark the passing away of his mother during his early years with the Nigerian youth side.
He explained: “I didn’t know how bad it was — I just knew she was sick.
“And it was a very long and hard camp, so I could not go home to see her.
“This was my chance to go for my dream. The next news I got from home, a few weeks later, was that my mother had died.
“My mother loved her children, and she had always pushed me to keep working hard, even when it was football and not books. So I just kept working hard.”
Iheanacho has been impressive at the Etihad so far, with the best goal ratio per minute in the Premier League.

www.angle909ja.com is the most visited on-line platform which gives the best of music,videos, entertainment gist and sport news on a daily basis to people with over 100,000 page views daily.

FOR COMPLAINS, ADVERTISEMENT, SONG HYPE AND PROMOTIONS

Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we received it..Email us at angle909ja.com@yahoo.com

For direct call: +2347012974142 or +2348142452115

ENJOY IT

KELECHI IHEANACHO NARRATE WHAT IT WAS LIKE GROWING UP IN A GHETTO KELECHI IHEANACHO NARRATE WHAT IT WAS LIKE GROWING UP IN A GHETTO Reviewed by Unknown on 6:18:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.